Invisalign® Clear Braces – Ellicott City, MD
Completely Metal-Free Orthodontic Treatment
Straightening your teeth is important to ensure your smile functions perfectly and you avoid any unnecessary dental damage or wear. Many patients, especially adults, avoid correcting alignment concerns because they don’t want to deal with the hassles of traditional bracket and wire braces. For many, Invisalign clear braces are an effective alternative to these traditional orthodontic options that allow patients to straighten teeth while looking and feeling their best. If you want to learn more about Invisalign orthodontics, call Ellicott City Smiles Dental Group to learn more or schedule your orthodontic consultation with our team today. We’ll help you determine whether or not Invisalign is the right orthodontic treatment to deliver the alignment results you’re after.
Why Choose Ellicott City Smiles Dental Group For Invisalign® Clear Braces?
- Subtle Appearance Throughout Treatment
- No Metal Brackets or Wires
- Welcoming, Friendly Dental Team
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign orthodontics straighten teeth gently using a series of clear, plastic alignment trays. Each set of aligners is crafted to represent the smile one step closer to the desired end result. When worn for about two weeks, the pressure of the aligners shifts teeth into this new position closer to the desired end result. Then, patients simply exchange the current set of aligners for the next set in the series. In most cases, patients complete the entire treatment in just 8 to 18 months.
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
No treatment plan is right for every patient, but if you do decide that Invisalign is the best treatment to achieve your orthodontic goals, you can expect the following benefits:
- No hassle – maintain your diet and oral hygiene routine throughout treatment. Simply remove your aligners during meals and while brushing and flossing.
- Cosmetic appearance – clear aligners look just like your healthy, natural teeth, allowing you to smile with confidence throughout treatment.
- Comfort – there will still be some discomfort as teeth are shifting into their new alignment, but without brackets and wires to irritate the soft tissue, Invisalign orthodontic treatment is much more comfortable.
- Saved time – with fewer appointments throughout treatment and total alignment time usually within a year, patients save a significant amount of time.
Shopping for Invisalign Orthodontics
If you’re interested in orthodontic treatment using Invisalign, you’ve likely looked around for the best prices. You can easily find cheap Invisalign orthodontics or similar treatments, but it’s important to remember that cheap doesn’t always mean good or effective. The price of Invisalign orthodontics can vary based on the dentist performing your treatment, the number of aligners being used, and even the part of the country you live in. Our team will carefully explain the cost of your Invisalign plan, help you maximize dental insurance coverage, and ensure the cost of your Invisalign treatment plan fits within your budget.
Who is a Good Candidate for Invisalign?
With innovations in Invisalign materials and treatment methods, more patients than ever can achieve their desired results using Invisalign clear braces, including treatment for overbite, underbite, and crossbite. Some of those patients who make the best candidates for Invisalign include:
- Those who want to maintain a professional image while straightening their smiles
- Those who have allergies or sensitivities to metal
- Those with sensitive teeth, gums, and gag reflexes making regular orthodontic adjustments difficult
- Those whose busy schedules make it difficult to keep up with frequent orthodontic visits
- Those who play wind instruments and may not be able to continue playing while undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Those who play contact sports where their smiles may come in contact with other players, hard objects, or sports equipment